Thursday 19 December 2013

This set-up has been really frustrating, painting with one lamp on my painting and one on the skull and the card set-up, (I have never really had a problem with having one lamp on my painting) but whenever I would turn all the lights back on in my room the colours and values would look completely different, mainly too dark or too light in places, so the light on my painting would make things appear lighter, it was really confusing, but I did the best I could.  I had to readjust the darker values and half tones to make them lighter in certain areas, as there were certain areas such as the left cheekbone (skull's right) surrounded by shadow, the area lit would come through really light when looking back at it with all my lights switched on.  But it all looked fine when painting with my one light on the skull.  I'm not sure I made any sense there, I should really be going to sleep.  Values could still use adjusting but I would like to move on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment